Your invitation to Caring Partners
As a brighterkind resident you can expect to receive the very best of care tailored to your own particular needs. And because your health and happiness are our top priorities, we’ve teamed up with some of the country’s leading healthcare providers to offer you a complimentary check-up in the comfort of your brighterkind home.
See the difference
The Royal Institute for Blind People (RNIB) estimates that over half of older residents in care homes have some form of sight loss. Eyesight plays such a vital role in our lives, especially in old age where being able to socialise, enjoy mealtimes, read, and watch television are incredibly important. At brighterkind we want you to be able to enjoy all aspects of life here, which is why we’ve decided to make your eyesight a priority.
Our partner, Welcome Eyecare
Welcome Eyecare have a combined industry experience of over 60 years in the optical market and 40 years specifically working in the mobile eye care field, providing treatment to those living with dementia. They believe that getting to know their customers is vitally important, so place our residents at the heart of an exceptional service. With new, state of the art eye testing equipment, Welcome Eyecare use innovative techniques to complete a full examination. From tests and lenses, to cases and repairs, rest assured that all your eye care needs will be taken care of.
As part of a full examination, Welcome Eyecare’s skilled optometrists will provide Free Retinal Photography - this sophisticated, yet non-invasive equipment produces digital high resolution, coloured images of the retina, optic nerve and blood vessels in the back of eye. The diagnostic equipment is used for early detection of ocular diseases and the images are stored electronically on an app allowing Welcome Eyecare to detect and measure any changes to the retina on future visits.
All residents will receive an outcome focused eye care report, which is easy to follow for you, your loved one and our care team. When there is cost for eye care an experienced member of Welcome Eyecare support staff will walk the resident and their family through the results and what options are available.
What we offer:
- Residents receive regular, free NHS eye examinations, coordinated by Welcome Eyecare.
- We believe choice is important, so when a decision is made to order a new pair of spectacles from our optometrists, they carry a beautiful range of eyewear from budget to designer; including Ted Baker, Joules and Radley.
- Where there is a cost, brighterkind will cover up to £100 for frames and lenses.*
- Emergency Eye Problems, Welcome Eyecare will visit within twenty four hours
- A Rapid Repair Service is available within 3 days from request.
- Welcome Eyecare will call family members directly when there are any additional eyecare needs to be discussed
Download our Eye Care brochure to find out more. For more information and to take advantage of this great offer, speak to your Home Manager.
*Option to upgrade designer frames with top up fee beyond/exceeding the £100 subsidised amount.